Electronic commerce (ecommerce) is a type of business model, or segment of a larger business model, that enables a firm or individual to conduct business over an electronic network, typically the internet. Electronic commerce operates in all four of the major market segments: business to business, business to consumer, consumer to consumer and consumer to business. It can be thought of as a more advanced form of mail-order purchasing through a catalog. Almost any product or service can be offered via ecommerce, from books and music to financial services and plane tickets.
- ecommerce principles
- Introduction to Woo Commerce
- Basic Settings
- Page setup
- Widgets setup
- Product setup
- Category setup
- Inventory Setup
- Sale Pricing And Coupons setup
- Product Attributes And Variations Setup
- Shipping Basics (Free Shipping, Flat Rate, International Delivery & Local Delivery)
- Shipping Classes setup
- Taxes Setup
- Checkout And Payments
- Payment Gateway Setup (PayPal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Cheque Payment, COD etc.)
- Image Galleries and Image Sizing
- Managing orders
- Short codes And Evaluation
- Google Analytics Setup
- Moving forward (themes, SSL, hosting, backups and maintenance)
The outstanding growth of e-commerce sector in India has taken the world by storm. As per the recent study by Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM) in association with Deloitte, it was revealed that the sector which was pegged USD 13.6 billion last year is expected to cross USD 16 billion mark by the end of the year 2015. The report also highlighted that online travel accounts for nearly 61% of the e-commerce business while e-tailing contributes about 29% and in total e-commerce transactions grew by 53% last year.
- Some interesting facts about E-commerce Sector in India
- Since 2011, Indian e-commerce market has grown at an astounding CAGR of 37%.
- In the next five years, the Indian e-commerce market would be worth USD 100 billion and hence contributing 4% to the National GDP.
- In 2014, approximately 200 billion of investments solely occurred due to heavy valuations of ecommerce companies.
- Some hot reasons to work in ecommerce industry in India
Well, if we talk about employment scenario in India then Information Technology is the unbiased leader in providing job opportunities to millions of graduates in the country. However, the trends are changing and a lot more people are interested in building a career in this industry. Let us check out some reasons which suggest why a career in ecommerce is hot right now.
Ecommerce jobs in India are cropping up like wild mushrooms. The sector has immense growth potential and can help you to carve a niche career. Plum job opportunities, great scope, excellent learning opportunities et all what else you could demand? Think upon it and set sail for a high-flying career!